Thursday, April 9, 2009

Yes we did. We used a Neti pot...

The Neti-Pot, has been used for YEARS. It is so praised that people decide to turn this nose device into a piece of artwork!What is this contraption? A teapot? If you rub it will a genie pop out? Should you water your plants with it? Nope. And where does it really go? The NOSE! Why? Is it a nose flute? Not quite...

Though it might look as though it could be played like a nose flute, as seen in this image below, it is not played at all, but poured.
A co-worker of Donna's had recommended this device for Corey, since he is a bit under the weather with a sinus infection and suffers from allergies throughout the year. So, being the impulsive person that she is, Donna went out and purchased one that day. (anything to help Corey feel better is worth a shot!) Here is the diagram of how to use it. It does look quite upsurd.Of course Donna had no intention of using it, it actually scared her quite a bit. So, Corey was the brave one and decided to have a go at it. Look at that flow...like one of the waterfalls we saw at Yosemite the other weekend.He uses it like a pro! Those in India (where it originated) would be proud. Donna thought she would NEVER try it—she can't even dive because she doesn't like (actually HATES) water up her nose. But seeing Corey do it with ease, and getting the verbal challenge from Corey, she also did it. And it was not bad at all! It really does clear out your sinuses quite nicely and it's not uncomfortable—though it might look a little weird. So if you are curious, you should give it a shot! (I wish our neti pot looked this cool) These ones are called "rhino" netipots. Donna did some research on the Neti uses and saw this one: Swamootra Neti - Neti using one's own Urine to cure ailments. SICK! I don't think we will go as far to use this method. That just seems wrong! I think we will stick to filling it with warm water mixed with saline solution.

4 comments:

the pfaff's April 9, 2009 at 1:13 PM  

that's perfect! I'm recommending this to a friend RIGHT now!!

hope you guys are swell. LOVE the photos at the top of your blog.

-justin

Steph D April 13, 2009 at 3:22 PM  

I have to admit, after thinking it is gross and would be painful, I use one too! My friend tells me I should be doing it every day, but I just use it when I need to 'flush it out!' Kinda sick, but feels so much better!!

Kevin Markley April 16, 2009 at 2:55 PM  

no picture of Donna using it??? Seems unfair to post one of Corey and not of Donna...

Matt and Kayla Barnes May 4, 2009 at 11:26 AM  

Where can I get one? My allergies are killing me!!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP